OMGN..I am appalled....(edited)

I heard on the radio last night that a lady was going to buy her down syndrome son a prostitute. The girl on the radio was all for this. Is it just me or is this just wrong? This could effect this man in so many negative ways. What if it was her daughter, would she try to find her a male prostitute? I really do not get the purpose, what do you gals think?

here is a link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7948511.stm

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This was posted a few days ago. Most people said the same thing as you're saying. I guess the lady was saying weird stuff like "I want him to experience love". Obviously she hasn't a clue of the difference between love and sex!! And isn't prostitution against the law anyway? Why set up your son for that?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Here is how I see it: Children with Down Syndrome have a lessened mental capacity which varies case to case. I do not know this particular person's mental capacity, but when I read this article all I could think was "My god! This is almost the same as trying to get your 8 year old laid!" I think it's wonderful to want to give your child everything, but is this person mentally capable of handling something like that? I just feel like it would be more traumatizing than helpful...
    Anonymous

• I think the mother needs to be mentally evaluated! I just cannot fathom why anyone would do that to their son.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• What the heck is wrong with that woman?!?! I mean seriously, she's missing a few screws...
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• A down syndrome child should not be having sex period, I believe that is considered rape no matter how you spin it. The kids cannot knowledgeable consent and he does not understand the consequences. What if this mother gets her kid a prostitute and he get aids or stds? Thats not fair. This mother should have her kids taken and then forced to get fixed so she has no chance of screwing up any more kids. Besides prostitution is illegal. What if the kid gets caught would the mom go down or him?

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I'm not here to say whether it is right or wrong... but a person with down syndrome does have the mental capacity to make the decision to go through with sex or not.
    My best friend has a 7 year old with downs... he is just like any other 7 year old. He learns and developes just like your kids do. He does it at his own pace, and he understands the world around him. Just because YOU don't understand THEM does not mean they have a lessened mental capacity to do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING they want to.
    Leave the choice to the one that's being offered. If he doesn't want it, he won't do it.
    Anonymous

• It has nothing with not understanding. It's 2 things.
    1 I don't nesesarily believe they have the emotional compasity.
    2 My friend dated a 16yr old girl w/ down syndrome when he was 17yrs old. He ended in trouble for rape because when they broke up she was over emotional and her parents charged him, the judge saw it as he should've known better cause she can't make that decision.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2009