Obama wants you to pledge loyalty to him tomorrow.Really?

They have taken a pledge of loyalty to Obama, and they say they are coming tomorrow for yours. Organizing for America, the Obama-for-President campaign morphed into Obama-for-Maximum-Leader army, will hit the streets for their "Pledge Project Canvass," knocking on doors and accosting folks in parking lots and sidewalks to ask them to sign a pledge to support Obama's policies for health care, energy and education reform.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/stateupdates/gGxFj8

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Haha wow to all you ppl who claim that we SHOULD pledge loyalty to Obama because we are all Americans...I would love to hear what you would have said if Bush had tried to do this. I will never pledge my loyalty to Obama...the only thing I will pledge is that he should have NEVER been elected and he will be the death of America.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• So..... What is the deal... You should do this.. you do live in the US don't you. Are you moving to Mexico? If not, then do it.
    Anonymous

• SCREW THAT CAN SOMEONE SAY HITLER ?!?! geeze what is next consintration camps for people who dont like him . anyone knocks on my door asking if i support him ill laugh and hope my door smacks them in the face .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Hell yes, I will.

Better him than McCain/Palin, ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 12:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Lol, you just got on someone about copy/ paste when you just did it yourself.

Yeah, I totally see the problem with coming together as a nation and volunteering and doing what you can in the community.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/03/obama_wants_you_to_pledge_loya.html
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Americans do NOT pledge loyalty to their leader. They pledge loyalty to their country and countrypeople. America was largely founded on the principle that the people should rule and we've fought to be out from under monarchy. That's why we have three government branches and checks and balances. That's why we vote. That's why we have representitives. That's why our president makes a good salary but is not lavished like a monarch would be, he is a normal citizen like anyone else who is taking his turn as a leader because he was voted in. That's why we do not follow blood lines for who is our leader but who the people want instead.

Being loyal to your country is not the same as being loyal to it's leader (whatever "loyalty" refers to in this case), especially if that leader isn't doing what is best for the country.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• If they tried I will not sign. America still needs change, but not the hip wader stuff coming from the white house.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Seig heil!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I said I wish I could copy and paste like that, see, I'm practicing!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• People around here, especially men who aren't home to watch Oprah, don't do that kind of stuff................

Good luck with that crap..............
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2009