3 MONTHS AND MAY BE TEETHING.

MY BABY JUST TURNED THREE MONTHS OLD ON MONDAY AND THE LAST TWO OR THREE WEEKS HE HAS BEEN SLOBBERING WAY TO MUCH AND HE TAKES HIS PACIFIER OUT OF HIS MOUTH AND CHEWS ON THE HARD PLASTIC PART OF IT. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT HE MAY BE TEETHING.

TSEXY1987

Asked by TSEXY1987 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it is possible for babies to start teething as early as 3 months. My son did. My friend is a director of a daycare center and she said they're seeing a trend with babies starting to teethe earlier and earlier.

The most you can do for pain is Tylenol and teething rings. When your DS is 4 months old, you can use teething gel (verify with the doctor that he IS teething first).

Even if you don't see any white bumps in his mouth yet, he still could be starting the teething process. You may not see any teeth break through until months from now.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My daughter does the same thing and it started at 2 months the doctor said it is possible for her to be teething early. She is four months now and still does the same thing and still no teeth. So I would say just watch it and feel around in his mouth and see if you can feel anything. My daughter seems to do the most slobbering when she is super excited but she chews on everything.
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 6:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009