Is this many women really brainwashed?

Since I joined cafemom, I have seen so many questions about women who want to be with other women. This thought has never ever crossed my mind in my entire life. So, I have to wonder are these women brainwashed by media or men into thinking this is sexy? Is that why they want to do it? Because I also have to wonder if they realize the consequence of bringing another person into a marriage? The sanctity is broken and it ruins most marriages. Why, because then the men know it is okay to go outside the marriage for fun. So, I can't help but wonder, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can't say I've ever been into women but I'm sure it's common for women to be curious about each other. Especially young women who are still trying to figure themselves out. We've got a TON of very young moms here a CM.

I don't think many realize the negative effects bringing a 3rd person will have but I think a lot of women feel pressure to do so.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 1:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Someone that wants to do something that you don't agree with is not being brainwashed. At all.

Just because YOU don't think it's right does not make it wrong.

Some women are attracted to other women. Some women are attracted to men and women. Some women are attracted to only men. That's life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I don't think it's brainwashed, just something different than what I believe in. There are all kinds of different people out there and who am I to judge what they do. I'm sure some people look at my life and think I'm pretty out there. But that's what's cool about the 'net. You are exposed to different points of view more that you are IRL, because in real life we tend to stay in our comfort zone and migrate toward those who are most like us.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I dont think these women have been brainwashed. I think they just have different values/opinions from you. So its not your thing, it's not for me either, but that doesnt mean its not for anyone. Let other life their lives and worry about your own.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I agree with the other posters. Humans are naturally curious, women in this case. Just because you never thought about how it would be to be with another woman does not mean that you are normal and others are brainwashed. Some people fantasize about being with other women, and some don't. Just embrace the fact that everyone is different and has different wants and live with it. =)
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009