My step children are so lazy, don't clean behind themselves!

I fuss at them all the time about cleaning up behind themselves! I'm not the maid, ages 16, 18, 21, sometimes ?I go straight to my room, my husband cleanes behind them. I tell him if you do it all the time, then they will never learn to be clean! they wont be no good to no one or their self! At times i get tired of cleaning all the time, I tell my family I'm on strike! What do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• If your kids are that old they should clean up after themself, if they are able to than i think that she your job is being a mother not a maid, i think that i would start making them do thing for self and not hand or wait on them like you said they will never learn if you keep doing for them and they never have to do for themself what good will they be in life they will always think that you will be there to clean up the mess you need to put a stop to it now
    Anonymous

• Well at least your hubby sometimes cleans up after them. Mine gets pissed when I complain about it but he refuses to clean up after them and he thinks I am being petty. Whatever let them trash the house is what I say, they can clean it up or let it be. Just carve out your areas and bitch away at them when they try to mess it up.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• ha I just had to check and see if this was my mom posting this. Her step son expects her to go up to his room (with her bum knee), pick up his laundry, wash and fold and put it away. He also expects her to get all of his dishes from his room and wash them. My stepdad does not back up my mom at all. Afterall, E is the baby, and has been babied his whole life. The kid doesn't even know how to make a grilled cheese!!!!!!!! He will never be able to make it on his own if he doesn't grow up TODAY (he's 18 or 19)
    Anonymous

• That sh*t wouldn't get washed at my house. And they could use paper plates.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• ACk are the 18 and 21 in school or working. Our rule is if you're over 18 and you're in our house your'e working or in school.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 5:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2009