Do you and your husband share all bills? Do you have anything of your own?

I just gave up the last bill of my own. Now we share everything... kinda feeling like I have nothing of "my own" anymore. Don't get me wrong.... I wouldn't trade married life for my own cell phone bill, I'll get over it, but just feeling a little upside down about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was super-indepent before I got hitched. I felt the same way for a short time after we got married. He moved into MY house, it was MY HOUSE! Once we'd been married for about a year and I happened to be pregnant, I began to see things differently because it began to be a real relief to not be the only thing between me and the world. I saw more examples of the reasons I married the guy during my first pregnancy than in the subsequent years afterward, I came to really trust him and yes, it was rather a shock to realize that even though I loved him and saw fit to marry him, I didn't actually TRUST HIM on the day we said "I Do". I believe that's way more common than most folks would like to admit.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Nope. Hubby has all the bills in his name and pays for all of them. I stay home with the kids. We have a very "traditional" family roles. I have a part time job, but use the money to help with groceries, or family outings. I have no problem with that.
    Anonymous

• ya i feel the same way.. before i had my daughter.. i had a high bit of savings.. then life came to reality and i share everything with my man. now it is hard to even save a cent. honestly i think that it is best to never share money but a simple ? is who would pay...
    Anonymous

• utilities and rent are split 50/50 car loans and cell bills are our own
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Hubby makes all the money, I spend all the money.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It makes it easier for us to seperate my car and insurance payments.he pays them and they are in his name but he will take the money from my savings account (I have a checking and savings and only the savings is connected to his account) Once a month and pay them. He pays the rest of the bills because I go to school and only work part time. The only reason he makes me take care of my car payment is because I chose a car that cost a lil more than he wanted to spend. He said sure but i had to be sure i could cover it.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 10:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• All of our bills are in my husbands name. I am a stay at home mom and our roles are very traditional. My hubby has a job and earns an income, I make sure the bills are paid on time and that we put money into savings.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2009