If you were raped while married and got pregnant...

and couldn't determine if the baby was your hubby's or not...would you still have it?
Is there any type of way to do DNA on a fetus?

I do not care to explain my reason for asking this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• * Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS): This test consists of a thin needle or tube which a doctor inserts from the vagina, through the cervix, guided by an ultrasound, to obtain chorionic villi. Chorionic villi are little finger like pieces of tissue attached to the wall of the uterus. The chorionic villi and the fetus come from the same fertilized egg, and have the same genetic makeup. This testing can be done earlier in pregnancy from the 10th-13th weeks. A doctor's consent is needed to do this procedure for paternity testing.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• There has to be a way. I would talk to your ob and find out what you can do. If you do find out I hope that all works out for you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• yes i believe they will stick a needle in your belly, same type of thing that they do when you are 35 yrs and older.... amnientecis? i know the spelling isnt the same but they can give you gender and DNA
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Absolutly! I might decide to give the baby up for adoption thought, depending on my dh's feelings about it.

Its a horrible way to get pregnant but to me, and abortion would make it even worse.

I believe there is a way to determine dna during pregnancy, but I am not real sure.

I will check it out and post again.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• um it used to be that they have to wait til the baby was born for that but now they can take the amniotic fluid and test it. but you'd have to pay for it because health insurance won't cover it unless it was an emergency (i'm just letting you know) not sure how much it is good luck.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• They can do a DNA test on a fetus, some dr.s wont do it because it can be dangerous but I would think in this situation they probably would.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• * Amniocentesis: This test is performed in the second trimester, anywhere from the 14th-20th weeks of pregnancy. During this procedure, the doctor
    uses ultrasound to guide a thin
    needle into your uterus, through your abdomen. The needle draws out a small amount of amniotic fluid, which is tested. Risks include a small chance of harming the baby and miscarriage. Other side effects may include cramping, leaking amniotic fluid, and vaginal bleeding. A doctor's consent is needed to do this procedure for paternity testing.

mom2twobabes

• They both have risk and complications, but they CAN do it.

I hope whoever you are asking this about is ok and makes the right decision. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• group hug im so sorry :[

aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I would still want the baby. It would be my child as well. I don't think there is anything you can do until the child is born. If it's something you can't handle having, remember there are a lot of couples out there who cannot have children and would love to give your baby a home. Personally, I am against abortion, and if it was a child you did not desire, please consider finding a wonderful home for the baby. I would look into more research to see if there is anything that can be done to determine DNA before the baby is born if thats what your wanting. I am sorry for everything if this happened to you.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009