For non-breast feeding mommas

This is for mommas who have never breastfed their babies at all. It is not to bash or make you feel bad at all. It is simply a question out of curiousity.

I just want to know why you decided not to breastfeed?

Momma2beauties

Asked by Momma2beauties at 2:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I exclusively breastfed my first, formula fed my second, and I am currently breastfeeding my third with NO intentions of ever introducing a bottle. I will say it wasn't a choice I should have made, the bond isn't the same with my middle son as my younger and oldest son. I really regret not breastfeeding him, too. Oh, and I didn't do it because of severe PPD and I was afraid to bond with him because I feared my oldest would hate me for getting close to another baby.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Who cares really? It's their decision if bf is right for them and their baby!
    Anonymous

• I didn't want to!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I have just always wondered what makes a mom decide to formula feed. I know why I breastfed. And I know why I formula fed. I just am curious as to why some moms chose to formula feed from day 1. It's not a bad thing at all.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The same reason you choose to breast feed! I've never asked someone why they breast fed! I don' t care if they do! It doesn't really make much difference either way!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I wasn't comfortable breastfeeding so I didn't
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 2:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I just didn't want to.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I didn't want to and felt uncomfortable. My mother and sisters never did it so I didn't feel the need to. My kids turned out healthy with being formula fed.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• some woman dont BF because they have never been around it, so they just dont give a thought about it... and breast are a sexual object to them.. They dont know any diffrent..
    I never seen a woman breastfeed until I was 20. My sister had a kid & decided to BF... Her alone is what made me decide thats what i wanted to do..
    Anonymous

• My 1st childs birth, my breast just hadnt started forming milk let. They were finally ready the day after he was born, but he had an appitite before then. So thats why he was formula fed.
    My 2nd childs birth, c-section, well. my oldest was just 2 old to see mommy's boobys. I didnt want to answer questions that he had about the situation. So, my 2nd was formula fed too.
    I know breast is the natural way. But I've got 2 good reasons not to. Both of my boys are beautiful and healthy then & now.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 3:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2009