how can i get my son to poo?

my son is 5 months on baby food and his poo is hard like clay. when he goes it is only the size of a quarter. i have tried juice fruit among other things please help me

zayners

Asked by zayners at 2:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try giving him prunes. I always keep a jar of it just incase my son has the same problem
    Anonymous

• I would ask the pediatrician before I did this, but Glycerin suppositories work well.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Have you tried warm apple/prune juice? or warm plain apple juice? it has to be warm for it to work as a laxitive. Has any one been on their peroid while holding him?
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Maybe it is a little too early for him to have solids? Constipation is an indication that their digestive tract just is not ready yet. Maybe go back to just breastmilk or formula for a couple of weeks and see how he does.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Has any one been on their peroid while holding him?

Why? what does that have to do with constipation?Zarviemom19
    Anonymous

• i was wondering the same thing zarviemom it has nothing to do with not pooing wtf?
    Anonymous

• prunes, pears, peaches, sweet potatoes will all help a baby poo. Banana and rice will constipate. A lot of babies can't eat the rice cereal because it makes them constipated.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I used freshly mashed bananas and it always made my son go poop when he was little .
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I agree its probably too early for baby food.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2009