Is it okay for my son to go to a waterpark a week from now if he has a yeast infection?

We have a birthday party to go to and just wanted to know if it would be safe. He finished his antibiotics today but has been diagnosed with a yest infection on thursday. I'm suppossed to put this cream on for two weeks. Just wanted to know if he'll be okay to go in the water. Thanks, God Bless!!

msmalia

Asked by msmalia at 2:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have never been prescribed antibiotics for a little boys yeast infection. hmm....only the cream.

Anywho, I would say as long as its healed or in the process of healing, if its still open and raw I would not, it might sting or burn and could let another infection in.

But by that time it should be healed.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Oh, ok I re-read. Was he prescribed an antibotic for something else and it CAUSED the yeast?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• yes, sorry i realized i didnt specify that. he had a sinus infection a week and change ago and is finishing the antibiotics today however he developed the yeast infection and i took him to the dr. thursday and she gave me the scip for the cream. I was so shocked that what it was that i completely forgot to ask if that would be okay. thanx for answering!!
    msmalia

Answer by msmalia at 3:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think in a week he should be well on his way to being healed. He should be fine.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2009