i think im making progress! whats the next step?

im potty training my son and the other day after his nap i noticed that his pull up was completely dry! so i took him to the potty and he went! i think he's starting to get the point. this doesn't happy every time, but ive noticed his pull ups are staying dryer for longer. how do i know when i should put him in real underwear? or should i just keep doing what im doing?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can put him in real underwear anytime and see how he does..keep doing what your doing except try regular underwear
    Anonymous

• I would keep doing what you are doing and put underwear on him during the day. Take him to the potty every 30 minutes to 1 hour and have him sit on the potty while you read him a book. That is what we have been doing with our 20 month old boy and so far so good. Hope this helps.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 3:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• awww!!! thats so good! my son started potty training at 18 months and i think i pushed ti too hard and he all of a sudden wanted nothing to do with it. just recently he started to becom a little interested and sat on it for the first time in 4 months so i thik we're gonna start introducing his potty again. I initially bought Zion the training under, its like underwear just a little more padded wear they need it. They have them in Wal mart, Target. Gerber makes them. They seened like a little easier transition than regular underwear. Hope that helps!
    msmalia

Answer by msmalia at 3:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I never used pullups. I find it just confuses them. I use them at night, but that's it. Underwear all the way. Often, it encourages them to get rid of the "baby diapers", because they get "big boy underwear". So they do even better once they're in the underwear.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i agree. pull ups/diapers at night, and just use reg. underwear during the day. thats how ive been doing it with my son, now he goes all day with underwear on and diapers at night (cuz theyre cheaper than pullups)
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I agree... lose the pull-ups except night, naps if you really want. Just be prepared to clean up some accidents for a few days. We didn't take our daughter every 30 minutes, just if she looked like she had to go (was squirming, etc). When he starts to have an accident, move him to the potty and remind him that pee pee and poo poo go in there. He should get it quickly.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009