is it normal?

im almost 28 weeks pregnant with my second baby and for the past 2 days iv been having cramping thats last for a few hours then goes way then comes back(and it hurts real bad)and i feel some pressure in my pelvic area and jus today my vagina startd to hurt a lil...

babi_mama7607

Asked by babi_mama7607 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• probably everythng stretching and moving in to place i started feeling pretty sore then as well . now i just want to rip my hair out lol . if it gets to be to much or you are worried about it then call your dr . at least it will make you feel better right ?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Well, your symtoms could be simple, dehydration can cause uterine contraction, so go sit and DRINK lots of water! Your pelvic and vaginal pain could be b/c the baby is getting bigger and putting a strain on that area and stretching out the ligaments and muscles there. This is normal.

BUT, if they continue or get worse, contact your Dr NOW, if these symptoms are serious it means you need to go to the hospital. So take it easy, get off your feet and drink water!!!!

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I had the exact same problems two weeks ago... drink water, then drink some more. get off your feet and put them up. it's ligaments stretching and baby moving into place. I wasted an entire day in the hospital bc all of my friends said something was wrong. you're probably just a bit dehydrated.
    if you have a problem trying to figure out how much fluid you should be drinking... take your body weight (me: 180), cut it half (90), then add 10 (100). that's how many ounces you should consume in a day. try to make sure it's mostly water or juice. coffee or caffeinated sodas don't count.

hope that helps a little. it goes away. promise.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2009