How does me not believing in a religion make me a bad person? Shouldn't you be a bed person for judging me?

I'm confused..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and it DOES not make you a bad person. Period.

Please don't lump all Christians together, some people who claim Christianity are still lost as can be.

Of course, you could be meaning some other religion, I just assumed. sorry ;)
    Anonymous

• LOL Good point.
    Anonymous

• lol, that's funny, in a way. Did someone tell you you're a bad person for not believing in religion? I personally believe a person is lacking if they don't find a space for spirituality in their life but.... some people are sticklers on religion. To me, that just means those people who judge others for not having the correct amount of religion in their lives are the ones that ... just don't "get it".

Tell them to shove it and see what they say. Haha
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 3:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I can see your point of veiw OP... yes there are many (not all) but many whom consider those without religion a bad person...
    You make the right choices for your family/children... teach them respect, responsibitly, and many more and NO you are not a bad person..
     Some (again not all) think without a religion in your life you can not teach your children or even have proper morals and that is so WRONG...
     No you are NOT a BAD person bc you have no religion... don't worry about what others say...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Most people honestly don't care one way or the other what your faith is or whether or not you have one. There are just some really vocal folks on here that want to judge others and an on-line forum is a "safe" place to do that. You can't yell at someone on-line. Don't pay any attention to that type of person.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• People you meet face to face would be polite about your lifes choices. When it comes to on line boards people can get down right rude because they are not face to face with you. Don't worry about jerks like that.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Not following a religion does not make you a bad person. It's ok to not believe in things. I do think there should be some degree of spirituality, but religion and spirituality are two very different things. Don't let people get to you too much. When all is said and done their opinions aren't worth much.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• NO It does NOT make you a bad person. I do believe in my religon. You have the choice to accept or not accept. It doesnt make you a bad person or less of a person. If you don't believe(not bashing) its your decision, your business.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.  As long as you're happy and not infringing on the rights of others then live your life as you please.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Personally I never considered myself a bed person. Hmmm... I will double check.
    Anonymous