What do you think?

It occurs to me that Obama signed all these state stimulus package checks to each state, and then attached strings and extended payment plans to each one, then left it up to each state governor whether to accept or not. He did it this way on purpose. That way he can say that HE offered the money and it was their governor who refused. Thus the people get angry at their governors rather than Obama. Of course there are those hidden strings, but the admisistration will continue with the smoke and mirrors to try and hide them and far-sighted governors will take the heat from angry constituents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You make a good point. I thought of that the other day. Any gov. who rejects the money just gave up his next election.
    Anonymous

• okay....... some more crap to smear I guess.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think that can go either way, alot of people support rejecting the stimulus money. Not everyone is looking for a handout. We never have. The public is alot more educated in the last 3 months from just pure outrage and anger over all that is newsworthy on a daily basis.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• That's the way it always is, good, bad, or otherwise.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Okay, if he would have forced the states to take the stimulus than he would be promoting more federal government control right? Did you want that?
    Anonymous

• Anyone who refuses stimulus/bailout/debt money has my vote. So it may not have the intended effect.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 4:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Okay, if he would have forced the states to take the stimulus than he would be promoting more federal government control right?

That's exactly right. And the people in the states that accepted it will be whining when it's time to pay the piper.

_______________________________

Did you want that?

No, but how many of the general public will see it that way in the short-run?

Anonymous

• I know that won't work for me, anyone that rejected the money has my vote.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Reject away....stand up and get some kawoonies please.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I never get tired of this whining from repubs I tell you...
    Anonymous