hm is she really a friend

So i have this friend that i have been friends with since freshman year of high school (about 8 years) well when i got pregnant she swore she would stick around. But doesnt. She hasnt come over in months doesnt call, text mothing. Now i find out the one night i asked her to hang out she said she was sick but in reality her family was having a buig picnic. Now i know her mom her mom loves me and my DD but she didnt even tell me the truth let alone invite me and i think thats crap. Especialyl cause some of our other friends were there. What should i do. SHe always has an excuse when i ask her to ahng out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Stop asking her.... she has clearly stated in a very rude and mean way I might add, that she doesn't want anything to do with you anymore.... I suggest you find some new friends, ones who are moms and go from there...
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i think she wants to move on, seems like a normal relationship with someone but this is a friend relationship, either you keep your friends or you move on, its been along time since you've been friends with her, maybe she thinks your boring since you've become pregnant...idk...but some people just have problems with thier close friends or family getting pregnant.

i say she just wants to move on.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think she is making it clear, she doesn't want to be friends anymore. Girl, this happened to me too. I thought this girl and I were really good frriends, and then one day, she just stopped answering my phone calls and I never saw her again after that. Strange.....
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with everyone else here; I know it hurts and I'm sorry you're going through it.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 3:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I've seen other posts about this same type of thing happening to new moms. You're not alone.
    I agree it's time to make mom friends. See if there's a chapter of MOMS CLUB near to you. You'll meet other moms and have fun with their kids as well.

Your ex friend will see the light when she has a baby of her own, and may call you up again then. Until that time, let her go her way.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• no she isnt ur friend......simple
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Its the most cowardly way of breaking up with you in friendship terms anyhow and I have had it happen to me too I know it sucks and it hurts but I just say let it go
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Some friends don't want to know you when you become a parent and well they're not. Don't feel too upset about this. Let her do what she wants and you worrying isn't going to help you and your little one.
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 4:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i went thrrough the same thing with my best friend, she was there the whole time i was pregnant and even when i got too big to wash my own hair (yeah i gained 90 lbs!) she would wash it for me, we did everything together, and no she never calls or anything she doesn't even ask how my son is, he doesnt even know her, she did call once but that was because her boyfriend had made her cry and she needed someone to talk to, i fell for it she promised that we would do lunch later that week and never answered, i say try to talk about it if that doesnt work then shut her out be nice but dont go out of your way for her at all, it makes me feel as though my child isnt good enough for her time and that is not nice at all....
    mikeysmom1989

Answer by mikeysmom1989 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2009