Is weight really an issue with a 7 month old?

my doctor tells me that my daughter is fine... but every time i bring her some where to friends or whatever they always comment in some way that she is a big baby and ask what i feed her...it makes me feel bad and i feel like a bad mom... she is 7 and a half months and weighs 23 pounds... all i give her is what is recommended... any advice or comments... thanks

mom-at-age-18

Asked by mom-at-age-18 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• WOW that is big, my baby is 7 mtnhs old and 14 pounds, what does the dr say?
    Anonymous

• iF YOUR DR TELLS YOU YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, THEN ITS OKAY. EVERY BABY GROWS AT ITS OWN PACE AND EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT, I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT IT!
    Anonymous

• 23lbs is a little big,and 14lbs is quite small.my son was 18.5lbs at 7 mo and he was fat!he was 14lbs at 5 mo,and 23 at 17 mo.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Children all are at different sizes and stages of life. Everyone says my little one is fat but, up until she was 6 months old she weighted nothing and was a skin and bones. Now she is 22 but she looks bigger because she is short and she is chunky. Take what the dr. says she could be really tall or short and it is her body I wouldnt worry until she is 2 or so ans see what happens. Just enjoy being a mom. As long as you are not over feeding and giving bad things have fun and love your bundle of joy.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 4:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• If the dr. says she's fine, she's fine. She'll hit a growth spurt and slim down.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• 1st off just cuz the dr says she's fine does not mean she's fine. people blindly follow dr's advice. if you are worried i would get a second opinion and go to a certified nutritionist. that is way heavier than normal.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 4:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My dd is 19lbs ad 7mo's. She's beautiful, healthy, and extremely happy. 4 more lbs shouldn't be a problem....besides it's just more baby to love :) Enjoy your baby!
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• that is a big baby: ) i dont think anything is wrong tho if she is eating normal, some kids just grow faster than others, my son is 2 and is as big as a normal four year old, compare her charts when you go to the doctors for her next check up if height and weight are both in the same percentages then i would not worry or feel bad one bit, if the charts do differ greatly there could be a problem somewhere, if so its more than likely something small, im not licensed but i did go to lpn school and i loved learning about children and babies and norms and what to worry abouts....
    mikeysmom1989

Answer by mikeysmom1989 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My DD weighed around the same and you know what, now that she is almost 10 months it is slowing going away.... not going away but she is growing into it. My DD is rather tall I think but I remember my doctor saying that she was worried about my DD not crawling or walking and all that crap, but I have never seen a baby that was more anxious to get up and go.... ever since she was born thats all she wanted to do and now that she can crawl shes all over the place.... If you are really worried about it I would try to cut out alot of the formula and give her more baby foods.... also if she is on cereal that will plump her up, so you might want to cut that out of her diet too... They do say that babies SHOUDLDNT be on a diet, but you could just give her healthier food choices
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 6:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009