WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND A LPN??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Techically, an LPN is a Licensed Practical Nurse and a Medical Assistant need only be certified or not even that much. Medical Assistants tend to work in Dr.'s offices where an LPN is actually able to work in the hospitals... Or I should say an LPN position is an actual posted position for a nursing position.

Hope that clarifies some of the confusion.
    Anonymous

• As a medical assistant you can go on to the AAMA and become a specialist in either administrativie duties or clinical duties. You need to go to a school that is accredited and you can then take the National Boards and not some small state certification. I am a Medical Assistant Certified with the AAMA and have been since 1987, I have gone on to get my specialty certification in Admin. and Clinical duties and after all these years have worked my way up to Upper Management with a salary of over $50,000. Not all medical assistants are what the previous post eluded to, and not to be confused with a nurses aide. Medical Assistants most certainly can work in hospitals depending on what you want to do and specialize in. Go to a good college, not a technical school that advertises on t.v. during the afternoons.
    Anonymous