Have you or anyone you know ever met a president? Which one?

I don't know anyone, but did go to a rally when Clinton did his Whistle Stop Tour so I saw him from afar.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I also went to the Clinton rally in my town. I was just about to shake his hand when someone cut in front of me.
    Anonymous

• Nope
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My former teacher/Gorge W Bush
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 4:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I met Clinton a long time ago when he was running for governor of Arkansas.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I've seen Obama from a distance, but not close enough to say hi. A lot of people here have since he campaigned so much and then came back for town hall.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My cousin has met (and knows personally) Obama, he has met Clinton, Bush, and I don't know how many others.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• No but Obama flew over my house a few days ago in a helicopter. We brought the kids outside to see the 6 military helecopters go by. He spoke 5 minutes from my house but we could not get tickets.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 4:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• For obvious reasons I will keep myself ANON!

I have met George Bush Sr., and GWB (before he was president) several times. I was the Nanny for Nancy Bush Ellis' grandchildren (sister of George senior) for 8 years, which included watching the grandchildren on several occasions at the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine among other private family retreats.  I'm telling you now, there's nothing like being 18-25 years old and being "patted down" by incredibly yummy Secret Service agents! LOL

I met the parents (father is one of Nancy's sons) of the children I watched when I was a Lifeguard at The Country Club, in Brookline Ma. It is also where I met MANY descendants of famous Boston "blue-bloods."  The Ellis' attended my wedding, and I recieved a lovely handwritten letter from George and Barbara Bush for my wedding--which I had framed.

Anonymous

• I'm a distant cousin of Nixon- my grandmother knew him.

I have a friend who flew President Ford around a few times just before his death.
    Anonymous

• i did when i was younger . our class went to DC and we met Clinton for like 5 mins . lol even got a picture with his name signed on it like he was a celebrity lol . i think i lost that before we made it home .
    Anonymous