please help

i had my baby a week and a half ago. I wasn't sure what to name my baby because i had heard so many names, that i couln't decide in the end. My daughter wanted me to name her baby sister Melanie. I didn't like the name because my relatives were making fun of that name (maybe because of the meaning -dark-skinned). My daughter has dark skin. Well, i nthe end, I refused to name her that and I ended up naming her Andrea Giselle because my father liked the name Andrea. Well, everyone who sees my baby tells me that she doesn't look like an Andrea, and I feel bad because my daughter cannot get used to calling her Andrea, she still calls her Melanie, and now I'm starting to feel like I chose the wrong name for her. Has anyone been in the same situation? What can you advice me. Can name really shape your personality, or am I just exaggerating. My other daughter's name is Evelyn.

agomez3

Asked by agomez3 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can still change it. it is a name everyone will hear for the rest of her life. People may question you now, but it will be a cool story for her to tell her friends later. My sister was named Jordan She goes my Stacy since she was a couple days old
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 4:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Use Melanie as a nickname or if you really and truly feel you made a bad decision change it. My caught a lot of flack because i named my daughter Azariah Larrae. Alot of older people cant catch on to it or they think i made it up but her first name means " Helped by GOD" and I'm proud of it. and oh my mom let my older sister name me and my baby sister
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My name is Melanie. I have no idea why my parents picked it though. I am EXTREMELY fair. LOL. If you like it, you can still change it. It's a great name. Although I have to admit I'm a little biased.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Andrea is a beautiful name and if you keep calling her that everyone will get used to it. Don't be bullied into changing it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My name is melanie and I am butt white with blond hair. I think u need to name her what u like and not worry about the meaning . We debated on my dds name and when we. Had our 3d ultrasound we knew she was Callie grace. Just pick a few names and when u look at her u will just know.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i think that melanie is cute but if something about it bothers you i wouldnt feel bad about it, it was hard naming my son too but we ended up with michael jayden, im happy with it, its not too late to change it pick out something YOU like tho yell it in your mom yelling for her daughter to clean up her clothes and see how it sounds in every day life : ) andrea on the other hand is cute too... i like them both... and all the andreas i know are really nice and sweet
    mikeysmom1989

Answer by mikeysmom1989 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• YOu need to name her what you want and you can let your daughter call her whatever special name she wants, lots of siblings do that. I've always called my little brother, "brother". I never have called him by his name. When he was born they told me I had a brother and it stuck:-) He calls me "Sis" not my name. So, it is okay, don't let it be an issue everybody can be happy:-)
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009