How many of you ask your husband to do something and he waits for ever to do it?

Dont get me wrong my husband and I have a wonderful relationship, I just thank its a little irratating when I ask him to let the dog out to go potty or just something simple like that and then 10 min. later he hasnt done it. So I have to keep on him like hes a little kid untill he gets it done lol. Does any one else have this problem and if so how do you handle it because he turned it around on me today and said that Im being very persistant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband does the same thing usually i just end up doing it myself and then i bring it up later, or when he asks me to do something i wait and wait and wait, then when he says something, i say hows it feel.
    Anonymous

• my ex never does what i ask him to do, even if something was in need to be fix. he would put it off until i get so frustrated and have to get a book or go into the internet and find out how to fix it myself.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Oh can i ever relate! My dh is the same, i ask for something to get done and 99% of the time i end up asking again, sometimes i end up doing it. When he sees that, he's like oh i can do it, ugh! I do love him dearly but still... And i feel like a nag in the long run.
    Anonymous

• Men are like that. You have to actuaally put a time qualifier on the request.
    "Can you please do /such in such/ for me, by 2PM?"

"You need to have the dishwasher fixed by this Saturday or I'll have to call a repairman so I can keep up with the housework next week."
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The original poster.... I too feel like the biggest nag and hes starting to make me think that its my medicine that Im taking. He hasnt said that but Im starting to think thats what it might be. Were trying to have another baby and I have to take Provera to jump start AF so Im not sure if its supposed to make me moody or not. Regardless though I shouldnt have to tell him a million times. Oh and Im not like some of you, Im not giving in to him and doing everything for him. I just litteraly nag the hell out of him untill he gets it done. I get so tired of it but I think Im about to start giving him a taste of his own medicine and stop cooking dinner for a couple of nights and see how he acts then lol. Is this to evil? Oh who cares Im gonna do it any way lol
    Anonymous

• my husband doesn't care if I don't cook. he just makes himmself a sandwich or Mac & cheese and is quite content.

I actually have 1-2 nights a week where dinner is "Get Your Own".

So Go Ahead and don't cook for a while. It won't hurt anything.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• OMG.. I was just thinking about that. My fiance has a job and works hard to take Care of me and our sons. I appreciate being able to stay home and take care of our children but if I ask him to do something he waits until I am so aggravated I will do it myself and then says I was just about o do that. I mean is it too much to ask for him to take the trash outside or to turn off a light he left on. God forbid I don't feel like giving the kids a bath. He wont do it and he makes me feel like crap for sending them to bed without one. URghhHHH I don't understand it. Other then that we are great.

TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 4:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I give DH time limits like Kiter said. If it is something that needs to be done today I say by such and such a time or in the next 20 minutes or whatever. For bigger things I say what day. Last year he put a deck on our house with a roof over it -he has a roofing and siding business- our roof sat unshingled for so long I told DH if this isn't done in 2 weeks I will pay to have it finished and call one of his buddies and asked him if he knew any roofer I could call to get it done!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My lazy ex was the same way. All he ever did was to lay on the couch in front of the tv....he had to hold that couch down he always said. I would usually just do everything, no matter what was broken he always said it couldn't be fixed. I'd tell him of course it can't be fixed if he has to hold the couch down at the same time. When I got out of the hospital a couple of times I would get very irritated at his laziness. Letting the dogs out was something that really made me mad, why should they have to wait 20 minutes or more when they had to go? He would lay there and mention several times he had to go to the bathroom, I'd ask what he was waiting for, was I supposed to roll him in there? I'd start going into the bathroom when he'd mention it, making sure he had to wait a very long time. Then I would say, now you know how the dogs feel....didn't make a difference. Some men are just worthless couch weights.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 4:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yes! I have been married for 20 years, and this has always been an issue. This is something that can't be changed, so I deal with it. I have thrown in the towel! lol
    Stacey833

Answer by Stacey833 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2009