What is in cinnamon & pineapples that helps induce labor naturally?

I've been reading on inducing labor naturally, and I've read that drinking cinnamon tea and eating pineapples helps. I'm cluless on this, but, what's in cinnamon & pineapples that helps induce labor naturally?

Laylas_Mommy09

Asked by Laylas_Mommy09 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• teh pinnapple i have heard but not the cinnamon. the pinnapple is supposed to increase a horomone but tht is with fresh pinnapple not canned. but that is what i was told . i drink cinnamon tea and i eat so much stuff with cinnamon on it and it hasnt doen a thing to me loll . thank god cause im ony 35 weeks lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think they are both old wives tales.... I've tried everything....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I have never heard of cinnamon, in fact you should not be taking large amounts of cinnamon if you plan to nurse as it can cause your milk to not come in, or to dry up.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I'm kinda thinkin' this is a myth. I lived on frozen pineapple drinks (alcohol free, of course!!) for 9 months with 2 of my pregnancies, and I did not go into labor early, so I don't know if it really works or not.
    HoodiaGirl

Answer by HoodiaGirl at 6:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009