Why would someone have a jar of vaseline in their shower?

A single mother with two young daughters has a jar of vaseline in her shower. I wanted so badly to ask her why, but since I don't know her all that well, I kept my mouth shut. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You don't have to be so rude to her. Maybe the "friend" didn't have the curtain pulled and she went to the bathroom... Ughhhh..if you don't like the question move along you don't have to be so rude..it isn't as if she was directing the question at you..
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Some people use it to remove make up. It makes it a lot easier to remove if you don't wanna scrub your face or pay a lot for the make up remover.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 4:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Isn't that really greasy to be putting on your face?
    Anonymous

• It's also good for dry cracked skin, though I'm not sure why it would need to be in the shower for that..
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I guess it would but I have heard of people using it for that.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 4:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yeah its supposed to be GREAT for taking off makeup. Much better than the expensive makeup remover actually..healthier too. I don't know first hand because i dont wear makeup.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I've heard to use it right after a shower on dry skin because it keeps the moisture in your skin.

Answer by Bmat at 5:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My first thought was makeup too, is there a mirror in there? Maybe she uses it on her kids? Who knows....yikes! Sinister Vaseline!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Because it is a wonderful moisture and skin protector for the face and body. Keeps the skin soft and helps with the aging skin look.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I know people who apply it to cracked feet and dry elbows while in the shower. I guess it isn't as messy as applying it after the shower? IDK. Otherwise its great for removing eye makeup.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 5:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009