Helpppp i hate spiders and i dont want my son to get bit

Ok so ive found a few brown recluses in my house and its really starting to bother me! Ive read online all the ways to prevent how to get rid of everything and im going to brow recluse proof my house tonight lol But im having a problem with my land lord i called him today to complain about the spiders and abundance of ants livin in my home ( which by the way weve already sprayed for the ants once) and he said that he would have them spray again for the ants and not the spiders! I think thats ridculous i have a 7 week old son and they say normally the bites arent as bad as what you see on the internet ,but it does say that if a small child under 7 or an elderly person is bit it could be fatal! Now i know the chances are slim of getting bit but it still worries me! So my question is do you think he should pay to get rid of them,and if he doesnt do you think theres anyway i can get him to pay or anyway i can get out of my lease?

bittersweetqt

Asked by bittersweetqt at 4:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• have you tried the spray from a local store raid- ant and spider spray worked for me, my old apartment was ground level and there was a small space at the bottom of the door, thats where i targetted the spray and at the bottom of your windows creases in the floor almost creating like an invisible barrier, it lasts up to i think 7 weeks and its fairly inexpensive, i had huge spiders by the way like HUGE. not as big as tarantulas but one was very scary... i still use this stuff and the secret to why other sprays arent effective against spiders is because spiders have long legs and their underbellies wont touch areas u spray, but the spiders and ants stuff def worked for me, but u may want to read the precautions label with your little one crawling on the floor with this stuff just to keep em safe : )
    mikeysmom1989

Answer by mikeysmom1989 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• thanks and no i havent tried the spray. My uncle is an exterminator and said not to spray ants long story why but in some cases it can make your problem worse. I wonder if there is some kind of spray for the spiders i can use. I know if you get the exterminator to do it they have to do a special treatment for them they come out every 30 days for 3months.
    bittersweetqt

Answer by bittersweetqt at 5:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• yes but with a small child around you may not want to have an exterminator come in, orrrr, you could ask your uncle real nice for a freebie :) try some research on wikipedia to find out things that brown reclue are unattracted to, certain plant species or smells or environments, good luck
    simonssuperhero

Answer by simonssuperhero at 11:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Are you sure they are brown recluce spiders?? If they are take your son and get out!!! Do you have a dirt basement or live on farmland?? They love damp dark places. r u seeing them all over the house, or in one room? Your landlord needs to bomb the place, with a good incesticide, ASAP!!! My son got bite by one and had to go to the hospital, by ambulance and stayed for two days. So many people went into his room to see what the bite looked like, you would have thought he had given birth to a two headed snake. He has a scar from where the tissue DIED, and there is no feeling in that area. THEY ARE VERY, VERY,VERY POISONOUS----CK BEHIND THE BEDS, CURTAINS, EVERYWHERE, AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM.
    joanne580

Answer by joanne580 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i am sorry if I scared you, but u need to b afraid if they are brown recluce. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY, AND DON'T GO BACK IN THERE UNTIL IT IS CHECKED BY SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING11 THIS SHOULD BE GROUNDS TO BREAK A LEASE IF THE LANDLOARD DOES NOT DO EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO RID THE PLACE OF THEM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publications/pbfiles/pb1191.pdf
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• There is no way to spray for spiders. unless they eat the poisoned bugs or the poison you aren't going to be able to kill them like that.  you need to deter them. spiders eat bugs, if there are no bugs then they will not eat or go looking else where.

here are a few natural ways to keep ants out of your house: sprinkle their trail with borax, baking soda, cayenne pepper, or paprika. you can also use vinegar on their trails, Windex works too. ants dislike mint, so planting mint around your home will keep them away. good luck with what ever you decide to do!

jemdreamz1214

Answer by jemdreamz1214 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009