Did massage actually help you go into labor?

My Husband is a massage therapist and we did the massage on the "tigger points" for labor inducing..... no luck. Did it actually work for you? If not, what else worked?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have not tried it but my girlfriend from back home did and she said it worked for her . but she also did the whole pinnapple and walking thing lol . she says tho for sure it was the massage .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I couldn't stand to be massaged when i was pregnant, lol. I actually dropped out of birthing class because it was centered around massage.. But I'm betting that it wouldn't be in birthing classes if it didn't work.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 5:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• massage can't start labor, but it can prepare the mother. If massage could start labor it would be used as a form of abortion which it is not. There are however special trigger points of reflexology on the ankles for female reproduction, the shoulders and web of thumb that when deeply pressed with intent can encourage labor. This would be deep specific pressure with intent. That is the key intent.
    I had a client who wanted her baby to come that weekend and her husband got off work at 5 pm. I told her where to start pressing and when and told her to press deeply. She had her baby with 20 minutes of pushing using a birthing bar. Ask your MidWife or Doula about it. If you don't have one, get one! You'll be happy you did.
    massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 2:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009