Stretch Marks!

I am 22yrs.old and I have a2 y/o son,who I gave birth to @19.I am grateful for him,I love him to death and I'd give the world for him.But I have the worst stretchmarks on my stomach.I know tons of girls family and friend that have none.And 2 years4months after my son's birth I am still asking the question why me?My mom has none gave birth to 2kids and had gained60lbs with me by the time she was 28weeks.My grandmother(mom side) had 12kids NATURALLY!!! and not one stretchmark. I have relatives that have had 2and 3stretchmark free pregnancies, their around my age and I'm still sad and disappointed at the fact that I got them.Not only did I get these horrible marks but I didn't bounce back after wards like they did,and I only gained23lbs. But I'm still carrying around that pudgy stomach I have no one to relate to. Does anyone else feel like their alone in this subject while people around them have no idea what their going through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im sorry that is crazy that your the only one . i hae them but they run big time in my family .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I understand! My gandma had 4 kids, no stretchmarks... my MIL also had 4 and has none. My MIL claims it's b/c she put oil on her belly but I know that isn't true. Doctors will tell you that it's in the genes, you will either get them or you won't. Most of my family doesn't have them either but I have LOTS! It just depends on where the gene came from, maybe on my Dad's side? Not sure but I understand the frustration and I get more frustrated when people like my MIL tell me it's my fault I have them and should have put lotion on them.... any doc will tell you that lotion won't stop them
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i gave birth to my first son and i have horrible stretchmarks also. i hate it .my younger sister has none.i havent had any new ones but with my 2nd son and this little boy they just get darker.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I can def relate to you! I am 21.. had my daughter at 19. she will be 2 in june.I have stretch marks from side to side and are terrible! They got so bad that the day before i had her, one ripped! My sister has 3 kids, but yet no stretch marks.My sister in law has 2, with no stretch marks either. My cousin just gave birth to her first baby in feb. 8lbs 7ozs and not 1 stretch mark at all.and besides that,her belly went right back flat. I had the pudge still, but am now 22 weeks pregnant with a baby boy so i guess that doesnt matter anymore. I guess its just something that happens to some of us.Theres a few who are lucky enough to not get them at all. But you are not alone.trust me
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 7:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• use mederma, it is very expensive but trust me it works
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2009