Stretch Marks!

I am 22yrs.old and I have a2 y/o son,who I gave birth to @19.I am grateful for him,I love him to death and I'd give the world for him.But I have the worst stretchmarks on my stomach.I know tons of girls family and friend that have none.And 2 years4months after my son's birth I am still asking the question why me?My mom has none gave birth to 2kids and had gained60lbs with me by the time she was 28weeks.My grandmother(mom side) had 12kids NATURALLY!!! and not one stretchmark. I have relatives that have had 2and 3stretchmark free pregnancies, their around my age and I'm still sad and disappointed at the fact that I got them.Not only did I get these horrible marks but I didn't bounce back after wards like they did,and I only gained23lbs. But I'm still carrying around that pudgy stomach I have no one to relate to. Does anyone else feel like their alone in this subject while people around them have no idea what their going through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Health

• I only gave birth about 3 months ago, but I still have a ton of stretch marks (even on my butt and behind my knees!) and a pudgy stomach. The best I can do is cut down on my eating/snacking and do a bunch of exercising. It seems to be working in the couple weeks I have been doing it. Just stick with it, youre not alone, and if it is really important to lose that weight, do something about it! As for the stretch marks, I consider mine battle wounds. I gained 64lbs during pregnancy. I use the special lotions, and can only hope that they fade with time.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I've heard that a chemical peel works. Not positive though. It's probably alot cheaper than laser surgery or a tummy tuck. I understand your pain! I hate em! I used cocoa butter every freakin day, but still got em. And NO ONE else in my family has them. Hereditary my ass! I also gained about 45 lbs each time, so i figure it happens. My hubby doesn't seem to mind them at all, so it doesn't bother me all that much.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I hate strecth marks :( I will never wear a bikini again. I have them on my boobs, love handles, but and thighs. I gained 30 lbs when I was pregnant and lost it all except the stomach buldge
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 6:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Stretch marks are not hereditary, they are a sign of the elasticity of your skin - it's ability to stretch before it has to literally pull apart.
    Some stretchmarks fade and reduce in size over time, but really, there is nothing you can do about them.
    I'm sorry, but it's just a fact of life you will have to accept.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2009