worried parent

Ok so ive found a few brown recluses in my house and its really starting to bother me! Ive read online all the ways to prevent how to get rid of everything and im going to brow recluse proof my house tonight lol But im having a problem with my land lord i called him today to complain about the spiders and abundance of ants livin in my home ( which by the way weve already sprayed for the ants once) and he said that he would have them spray again for the ants and not the spiders! I think thats ridculous i have a 7 week old son and they say normally the bites arent as bad as what you see on the internet ,but it does say that if a small child under 7 or an elderly person is bit it could be fatal! Now i know the chances are slim of getting bit but it still worries me! So my question is do you think he should pay to get rid of them,and if he doesnt do you think theres anyway i can get him to pay or anyway i can get out of my lease?

bittersweetqt

Asked by bittersweetqt at 5:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Okay, here's the deal. Spray doesn't KILL spiders because they are one of the only critters that don't lick their "feet" so to speak so they cannot ingest the poison. That is probably why he won't spray. All Orkin can do is kill their food source (potatoe bugs, other insects, etc) via spray--which is probably accomplished by the ant spray but you should ask. They can put "traps" around the house to catch the spiders. I know this because we spray year round for spiders--to kill the food source. What part of the USA are you? If the recluse was out, he was hungry. They usually stay hidden unless they are hungry or thirsty. I wish I didn't know all this. sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I live missouri and i actually dont know what it is but they do some kind of treatment for these recluses they do it every 30 days 3 times and it helps to kill them. He just simply said he wouldnt do it unless there was thousands of spiders.
    bittersweetqt

Answer by bittersweetqt at 5:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Let him know that if he doesn't pay to get rid of them, he could very well have a wrongful death suit on his hands and that will likely cost him a lot more!!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• hm didnt think of that!
    bittersweetqt

Answer by bittersweetqt at 5:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Reading the answers here, makes me wonder why you are still in that house! Does the landlord live in the same building?? Would u live there if they were black widows? Amost the same danger. If you want to stay there, take your son somewher safe
    joanne580

Answer by joanne580 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2009