i posted the other day

I posted a question about my female dog being rude to my other 2 when they try and eat her food and when she is sleeping and they climb on her she growls. She has been getting better BUT for the first time today i had an issue. My female dog was sleeping and my DD climbed on her and the dog growled. It was not a mean growl just a

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pets

• i would say you need to mess with her while she is sleeping and eating and show her nothing will happen if someone bothers her during those times. But you need to reward her when she doesnt growl.
    Good luck.
    qtdavis

Answer by qtdavis at 5:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• do you think this is grounds for getting rid of her? My friends son was attacked by their family dog so im scared. Or do you genuinely think i can fix this problem
    Anonymous

• my dogs, when we got them as puppies my husband and i would take their food away like just move it so that it got used to people being around it when it ate, and my dd can go up and stick her face right into the dogs face, she pulls the bowl away and the dog just sits and waits for dd to put it back, same with sleeping....
    Anonymous

• hse does fine with eating and my dd also takes her food away from her and she sits and waits for it to be put back and DD to walk away but this sleeping thing is what wont change?? and i swear this is the first time she ever growled at DD when sleeping.
    Anonymous

• OP here again: sorry tried to edit and question got messed up. It was not a mean growl just a get the H off me growl. I just tried messing with her by putting some pressure on her legs while she was sleeping and she just growled at me not a mean one the same way.....please help
    Anonymous

• My dog has growled at me and my sisters many times but has never hurt us in any way. Especially now that she's older, she seems to get annoyed easier at stupid little things. We would yell at her when she would growl and she would always feel bad and start wagging her tail and licking us. I personally don't think it's grounds to get rid of the dog but do keep a close eye and scold her if she continues to growl.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Dogs growl. It is normal. Most dogs do not like to be bothered while they are eating or climbed on while they are trying to rest. That is normal too. Teaching your children what is and is not appropriate behavior with dogs is very important. What if you went somewhere with a dog that did not even bother to growl to warn children away and your daughter was attacked for doing those things? Supervise and teach children to respect a dogs boundaries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my dog does the same thing... i think its funny, to me it shows his personality...i dont like to be bothered when i sleep either so i cant get mad at him :) oh and there never mean
    kasiface

Answer by kasiface at 9:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009