Extremely bad nasal congestion during pregnancy, what can I take?

On my list of safe meds the doctor put "ocean nasal spray" but I can't find that anywhere...Is it safe to just use a regular saline spray for nasal congestion? I'm dying....can barely breathe and so hard to sleep because it's so hard to breathe. I am 22 weeks

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im not sure i know the tylenol sinus clears you up pretty good. the dr aand pharmissits both siad it is a grade B which is one of the safest things to take in pregnancy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• sudafed is safe to take. saline sprays are always safe because they are basically just salt+water.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Ocean Nasal spray means saline and yes - that is totally fine. You can also take any variation of over the counter tylenol including tylenol cold and sinus or tylenol theraflu. You can also get inhalation beads (Eucalyptus and peppermint scent) which is all natural and safe for baby. They also have some atomizers that you plug in (PediaCare makes one for babies) that is all natural fragrance that helps clear your nasal passages...although I would check with your doctor first. I'm sure they're fine, but I don't know it for a fact. A steam bathroom before bed always helped me.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Also if you can use a humidifer(spelling), this will provide some relief after a few days. They also make ones that you can use natural oils (lavendar,etc) to help clear up passages. Also vicks vapor rub was approved by my obygn, but check with yours
    MommyCordova

Answer by MommyCordova at 12:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I will tell you that I had extremely had nasal congestion with pregnancy number one. Literally minutes after I pushed the baby out, my nose cleared up. This time around I have no congestion, and I think it's due to exercise and healthier eating.

You might want to try sleeping propped up
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009