salad with peas?

does anyone know of a good salad with peas in it?

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make a layered salad that has green peas in it. I also have a recipe for a pea salad. It has peas, boiled eggs, green onion, pimento, and mayo in it. The layered one is iceberg lettuce on the bottom, some chopped up red onion, celery, and green pepper. Then a package of frozen green peas. Mix 2 cups of mayo, 2 T. Parm cheese, and a little sugar, and spread that over the top. On top of that put some bacon bit or real bacon and some cheddar cheese. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Toss and serve. Yummy and great for make aheads.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yes:
    Cold peas, green onions, diced cucumber and radishes tossed with white vinegar and honey (2 T vinegar to 1 T of honey). Add more vinegar if too sweet. This is actually good and called Crunchy Pea Salad.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Pasta with pea salad. . .
    diced ham peas diced red peppers rotini pasta dressing half mayo half ranch seasoning salt to taste. Thaw peas, don't cook. Mix dressing, taste, mix all ingredients. I'm sorry I can't give you portions, I do everything by eye.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My MIL makes kind of a weird salad, but it's good. I believe she just gets greens (maybe iceberg) and puts those tiny little shrimp, peas, and chinese noodles in it. For dressing, she just uses a little mayo and mixes it in. I thought the mayo was weird, but you don't put very much in, just enough to coat the lettuce a little. It's actually a very refreshing salad.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009