Spitting up?

My 4 month old daughter still spits up like crazy. Some times its like fountains coming out of her mouth and seems to go on until an hour before her next feeding. If you kids did this how long was it until they seemed to stop? The doctors say some kids just spit up until maybe around 6 months. Its just a pain to have to have her wear a bib constantly.

LaitonLysette

Asked by LaitonLysette at 5:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you breast feed? I ask because my son did as well and he wound up being lactose intolerant. I had to give up all dairy and he stopped throwing up.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My son did the same thing and the pediatrician diagnosed him with GERD he grew out of it for the most part around six months I would also suggest burping her often during feedings and to prop her up in a swng or something after feedings and not to hold her or play with her for an hour after her eating and also the formulas with the rice starch in them seem to help similac makes one and enfamil makes one also good luck
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my son did this also and we found out it was pyloric stenosis. He had to have surgey to fix it. He still spits up not a lot but some and he's 7 months old.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Both of my girls did this and they gained weight normally outgrew it naturally. If he's gaining weight he's probably fine. My first daughter didn't stop going through 3 shirts a day (at least) until about 8 months, my second is just starting to get better and she's 6 months now.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2009