Did you know DCF can take your child if they have brusises and you didnt report them?

Happen to my friend. She called the cops to make her bf leave. Her kid wasnt even home. Then they made they grandma bring him, he had 2 small bruises on fore arm. Noone knew where they came from so, now hes in foster care. B/c, she saw the bruise and didnt call. But I dont understand kids get brusies and why would a mom call and report that?? What do you think. Now she has to do classes to get her kid back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• What state did this happen in? I have never heard of that before, sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Who would you be reporting to on a daily basis?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I dont know sounds absurd to me too! Oh we live in pensacola, florida! Yes sounds really... like they need to go bug ppl who are really hurting their kids not single moms work/goin to school and being a mom. i guess maybe DCF should pass out bubbles to stick our kids in.. So they never get a bruise. CRAZY
    Anonymous

• That soundslike a bunch of bs...i was in foster care and been around the system for a while. I'm still friend with my last social worker ~ this sounds like there is something else lurking underneath. The system is not there to remove children from their homes when there is no homes, or money to care for them. The only way they would do this is if they suspect child abuse of some sort, their main goal is always to reunite families with their children for as crazy as their parents are, as long as they can care for them properly
    krubalc

Answer by krubalc at 6:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• that is not true. I have never reported my child's bruises, which at 2 she gets a lot of because of climbing on things, etc. My pediatrician has seen them, and never even questioned them, or reported them, neither did the ER when I took her when her fever spiked 4 degrees in an hour.

DCF may have over reacted, or there was a lot more to the story then you know. I do know that you don't get in trouble for a regular bruise otherwise mothers of toddler would lose their kids daily.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I agree it sounds like there might be more to this story. I don't see how this could happen from any standpoint.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• NOT true. I have had CPS out on me numerous times, and my daughter had bruises and scrapes from falling and they didnt say shit. There is obviously more to the story than you know.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Well Im just her friend so that what she said. So bash all you want.... Im just asking to see what you all thought cuz, ppl on here seem like they know it all.
    Anonymous

• I have had a neighbor whos 3 year old ran out of her house and she didnt know. Someone called on her and she had to do parenting classes and take a drug test. They checked up on her for like 6 months.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Not true!! My son has tons of bruises that I have no idea where he got them. Does that mean I abused him? NO, he is a clutzy 12 yr old. I think there is more to the story than you are saying or that is being said to you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2009