how to start potty training? please give me step by step imformation?when is the best time to do it in girls

my baby girl is 16 months now .

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 5:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• To young now, she will start to tell you when she is ready. I would by a baby potty and keep in the bathroom so when you go she may want to try it to.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• MY DAUGHTER WAS ABOUT 16 MONTHS WHEN WE STARTED AND IT TOOK US ABOUT A MONTH BUT SHE GOT IT DOWN YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PERSISTENT HOWEVER IT IS BEST TO WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE SPEAKING IN SENTENCES JUST SHOW HER THE POTTY AND TAKE HER THERE SIT HER DOWN FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN CLEAN HER SO SHE GETS IN THE HABIT OF THAT TAKE HER EVERY HOUR AND A HALF AND IF SHE HAS AN ACCIDENT ITS OKAY!!!!!! PERSISTENCE IS KEY
    L0udMommy

Answer by L0udMommy at 6:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Please do not let anyone tell you that your daughter is too young.  I was very successful with toilet-teaching a set of 17-month-old twin girls.  It took them two weeks.  My 19 1/2-month-old son was 100% out of diapers in eight days, and we have not had a single day of regression in seven months.  I have been a nanny for over 20 years and I have a lot of experience with "old school" potty training/toilet teaching under age two.  I stand firm in my belief that it is faster and easier.  I've written a blog in detail.  Please go to http://raisingrocco.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/potty_trained_under_two/

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 8:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I agree! We trained my daughter at 19 months with the 3-day method (there's a lot of info on this in the Cafe Mom group "potty training moms" -- and actually I've gotten a lot of advice from the previous poster!). It worked great. We didn't wait for her to "tell us" she was ready... we just did it. She was trained in about 7 days and is still doing great at 22 months. The experts say wait till at least 18 months because that's when they start to achieve bladder control but obviously it's possible for some kids even sooner since all kids are different. I really recommend doing it early if you're willing to put some concentrated effort into it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• it is not too young....just takes dedication. some kids are harder to learn than others...thats fine..go with it....lok for previous posts here and books online.

in european countries kids are trained by 15-19 months...what does that tel lyou?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009