3 year old baby what kind of food is brain growth food?

chaithanya

Asked by chaithanya at 6:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• a 3 year old isnt a baby
    Anonymous

• A three year old toddler/preschooler needs a well balanced, varied diet for good health...including "brain growth".
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Fruits, Vegetables, Whole Grains, Fatty Acids (like in cold-water fish), Legumes, Protein, healthy oils (olive, avocado, nut) and variety variety variety of all the the above. Want more specific? Food selections that have every color of the rainbow in it - red, blues, greens, oranges, yellows, purple. Minimal sugar, fat, processed foods (like most white breads, lunch meats, crackers snacks, processed cheeses), soda, juice (some fruit juice is okay, but real fruit is best). Best rule of thumb is to eat food that "remembers" where it came from. Variety is essential to healthy brain and body development...they go together at ANY age.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Thats ok I still concider my 3yr old my baby... But it depends if they have food allergies or not, before anyone determines what is brain food... My daughter is Autistic so she gets her "brain food" through a vitamin or a capsule because alot of the brain foods she cant or wont eat... So to insure that she gets them I give her supplements on a daily bases.
    maddeesmom

Answer by maddeesmom at 10:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You can give your child a fish oil supplement (omega 3s) which is proven to help with brain development. A really good brand is Nordic Naturals, they have a child's version that is liquid and flavored (and does NOT smell anything like fish or taste like fish). My kids don't even notice it in their juice. You can buy it at Vitamin Shoppe or other places like that. Google it to read more about all of the benefits. They say most people don't get enough in their regular diet.
    Norest4mommy

Answer by Norest4mommy at 1:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009