I already want another one!

How do I make my husband feel better about having another child with me? We both love our son very much & I know that I want to try for a girl & wanted to start trying when Dresden is 4 months old, but he's not sure. He wants to wait, but I don't think that it's that fair considering I'm the one that will be taking care of both of them, it's my body, & I won't get a reduction (thanks to my mom, I'm stuck with back problems due to big boobs) until I have my second child so that I can for sure breastfeed again.

I definitely respect his opinion, I just want to reassure him that it will be fine, we have the money & I want him to be ready with me. I just think it's better to have them closer together so that we don't have a bunch of baby stuff hanging around forever & they're closer in age as well. I've done everything from sweet talking him, to stating the facts but he's worried that it'll be too much.

ours

Asked by ours at 7:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is he the one working and providing for the family? i think you should put that into consideration and stop saying its JUST YOU...

if it was JUST YOU, you wouldnt be asking this question in the first place. if both of you arent ready i dont think you should try tricking him into saying yes about bringing another person into this world... wait until you are both ready.
    Anonymous

• Good luck with that Hon. You think it's easy now, but just wait till he is about 9 mos old. It all changes then. Your husband is correct in wanting to wait. You have no idea what fun you are in for. 4 mos. is nothing..
    Anonymous

• We both work & with his job it works out great because he works 8 days then have 6 off so he sees our son a lot. :] I am most definitely ready to start trying, he's the one still on the fence about it. I don't want to "trick" my husband, I would never do that. I just wanted to know if anyone had advise as to how they got their significant other to feel more comfortable with it.

Anyway, there's only a 20% chance of me getting pregnant right away, it could very well take much longer & pregnancy is 10 months. My aunt had my two oldest cousins right after each other & that's why we are so close, & then she did the same in her 30's for my two younger cousins. I just think it would be better all around.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i dont think you should keep pushing him to say hes ready for another baby if he isnt.

Anonymous

• He's scared about ANY change, even when it comes to me coloring my hair. The only reason he lets me do my hair is when I convince him that it will look good. He's just always been very wary when it comes to change, he's never seen it as a good thing. It could be years from now and he'd still he hesitant. I was just trying to see if there were any other facts to tell him, if not I'll just keep pointing out cute baby girls & waiting haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I would wait until your baby is at least one...
    susanna71

Answer by susanna71 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• you have a 4 month old and want to start trying again?(idiot) give your body some time to recuperate. your hubby is right in wanting to wait.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009