How do you pay to buy a website?

Say I wanted a website for a business. I went through bludomain or something. Do you buy a $400 package one time or is that a monthly or yearly fee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• You could do either. I wouldn't go through bludomain only because they don't have a return policy. And you can get a website, domain and hosting for a lot less. Of course I don't know what kind of business you want. Let's say you wanted to do the blog thing - it's very popular and many people are making money. The best idea is to get your domain and hosting at the same place. I suggest GoDaddy, you can usually get the domain for free with hosting and you can get hosting for as little as $4.99 a month. This is of course just an example, you could want something completely different, but I charge $35.00 or $25.00 an hour depending on what you want done. If you want wordpress installed, you've already picked out a free template (those are everywhere) and you know which plug ins you want, I can install it for $35.00 in less than an hour. If you need a lot of design work done, than that's $25.00 an hour (minimum of 1 hour.)
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Many templates come with code changes, but that is all covered in the $35.00 install fee. Now, I’m not trying to get myself a job, I’m giving you my prices so as you are searching for someone you have a base. Many companies will charge you $50.00 an hour minimum of 4 hours for the same thing. There’s no need for that, even a complex install shouldn’t take more than an hour if it’s wordpress, a free template, and you’ve already figured out which plugins you want. (not all templates with work with all plugins)

Give us a few more details of what you are looking for and I may be able to better help you.
    Works4Mom.com

• I want to create a website for my photography business. I'm totally ignorant on the whole thing. I would like galleries with slideshows. I want people to be able to view their proofs but I don't want the pictures able to be copied like "right click and save". Is this possible?
    Anonymous

• It's possible, but I'm not sure which programs could handle it. If you Google wordpress free gallery templates you can probably find not only a template, but also a list of plug ins you'd need. Just about everything with wordpress is free unless you start getting into design overhaul. Most people start their business small then once it gets underway they do some major upgrades.
    Why don't you email me and we'll chat. There is only so much I can put here because of the amount of words CM allows. I'm choosing my words to carefully because of space and I'm not able to explain properly. Also if you go to istock.com you'll see they put marks through there images. Right clicking doesn't stop people from copying the images, they can just press PrtScn. You need to actually put a mark through the image most people use "@" clear and raised. It's hard to explain
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Umm, something like this may work: http://www.revolutiontwo.com/demo/lifestyle.html
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009