Am I bad for feeling this way?

I have two girls with my first husband. I had them when I was a teen. I've always taken care of them, Played with them, cuddled, protected and very much have always loved them. Now I have a daughter with my second husband. I feel closer to her than I have ever felt to my other two girls. I feel more fuzzies in my heart about her. I spend more time with her. And I sure get madder if they do something accidently to hurt her, or to annoy her. I still love my two older kids. But I do feel guilty that I'm not as close to them... I think its because I hate their father. My husband says its just because our baby is still so little.. and they are getting older.. they are 4 and 5, and our baby is 1 1/2 years. Am I the only one that feels this way towards a certain child? How do you think I could start getting things fair again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a difficult older child. I love him very much with all my heart, but I am much closer to my younger son. My older son argues, tantrums, is just down-right not lovable most of the time. My older son acts out all the time, does everything possible to make me mad on a daily basis.

My younger lets me love on him. He lets me play with him, he is kind and cooperative. He's the opposite of my older son.

I don't love one over the other, but seriously can tell you that I like my younger one a lot more. So, you aren't the only one to feel that way.

Anonymous

• I know for a fact that my daddy loves my 2 older sisters from a diff mom more than he loves the rest of us. There are 4 other kids besieds my sisters. I know he loves us but his love for them is special because of who there mom was to him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009