anyones baby NOT keep formula down?

my daughter ALWAYS will throw her formula up... everytime. ive only given it to her a few times and i am supplementing her. she took it in the hospital when she was born when she wouldnt eat from my boob yet (she now does) but i am supplementing her still and even in the hospital she would throw it up... not just Spit up.. but THROW up like a fountain shooting it out.. its sad.. anyone elses child does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she is allergic to that formula?

Should take her to the Pediatrician and see...
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 7:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• it may be the milk in it...you could try switching to a soy formula
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My daughter did that until we switched her to soy formula and put her on Zantac. She still spits up but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. She has a milk allergy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I would try to quit supplementing and do 100% breastmilk or try changing formulas.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Not much of a point to continuing giving her that formula if she pukes it all back up. What does the doctor say about it?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my youngest did and she was diagnosed with GERD!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My youngest did that alot and they had me put her on thicking feedings . she was diagnosed with reflux...so they put her on cereal in all of her bottles not so thick that it cant move or wont come out .but not so watery that it comes straight out . it works wonderful for her . but i would see the doc cus it could be her formula she could be lactose intolerant and they would have to put her on soy. but the doc will have to change that ... but if i was u i would try the rice cereal first it wont hurt her.
    MizzMarla

Answer by MizzMarla at 11:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Sounds like baby needs 100% breastmilk. Some babies just do not do well with formula. I've known moms who were going to formula feed, but baby dis so poorly on formula mom re-lactated and breastfed.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• A lot of times doctors will diagnose it as one thing or another, but it just comes down to a baby's stomach being unable to digest formula. Even as adults humans aren't able to completely digest cow's milk proteins. Breast milk is best anyway, so why not just feed her off the breast full time? It may take a couple days to bring your supply back up but she wont starve to death I promise. It's just a matter of latching her as frequently as possible. It may seem like all you are doing is breast feeding, but they are only this small for so long and in the giant scheme of things breast feeding is the shortest lived of maternal duties. Before you know it she'll be too cool to be seen with mom.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 1:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2009