Would you let your ex

take your 14 yr old son to a 2 hr drive new home. He hasn't supported my son in anyway and been in and out of jail 3 mo ago and his older son just attempted murder on my newphew and killed another boy? My son doesn't mind going but I said NO!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i have said NO in the past when i thought my sons wouldnt be safe. it wasnt easy but i had to insist that there was a public place or that i went with them ( that was very hard) you sons safety comes before all else. I tell my son i coulnt live with myself if i went against my instincts and something happened to him. the ex told a judge that i refused to let him go but after i explained my reasons and that it wasnt just being vengful or anything the judge agreed with me. our natural job as a mother is to protect our children, sometimes its even from themselves.
    Dawn2plus1

Answer by Dawn2plus1 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree.... I would have said no too! to much risk involved....
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Hell NO, he can't go!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• As Whitney would say: HELL to the NO!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 7:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My son is upset now and said his dad told hin to run away and he told him I feel like it sometimes. errrrrrr!!!!!
    Anonymous

• go with your heart, don't send him or atleast take him and see for yourself if it's safe if he's not o.k with that then fuck him don't send your baby with his dead bet ass
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 8:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• noooo wayyyyy
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I would tell your son you appreciate him wanting to see his father, and your willing to facilitate that, but only in a way that you know he will be safe. IE. in a public place w/ you there. That way the kid knows its not that you just don't want him around his Dad (which I don't blame you if you don't honestly) but that it truely is his safety you're concerned with.

Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I would say no and explain why. He is old enough to know the truth. Don't stop him from seeing his dad, just have it in your presence or in a public setting.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• If it werent for the jail thing then I 'd probably say "yes". Child support money has nothing to do with being able to vist your kid. You cant withhold visitation because he's not paying the support if you have a set visitation agreement. If on the other hand you have sole custody& no visitation agreement it's up to you & how you feel abou it. And really how is it the Ex' s fault what the other kid did? Sounds bad, I do agree, but kids do stuff that parents have no control over.
    Anonymous