My toddler's "Virus"

So my daughter us 1 1/2. She had a fever about a week in a half ago for 3 days with no symptoms...then the fever went away but she was still really fussy and her throat sounded hoarse. I took her to the Dr. they tested her for strep. it came back Negitive..so he prescribed amoxicillion and told me not to fill it unless she got worse. Day after the doctor shes doing just fine...day after that almost back to 100%..well yesterday morning she woke up I go into get her and she threw up in her bed.. she cant keep anything down and wont even eat her favorite foods.. shes thrown up 3 times in the past 2 days. She wont eat...yet she her fever never came back from a week in a half ago.. anyone else experience this?? I feel kinda like What now?!

misswhite

Asked by misswhite at 7:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am not sure what is going on now, it could have been a virus the whole time, the bodies first responce to something wrong is a fever, now a few days later the virus could be free inside her body and causing her to feel bad, not eat and vomit.. Sorry for my terms but a virus enters the body first then spreads with the normal cells then they uncase themselves and run free kinda... If it is a virus, the antibiotics will do NOTHING for it, they have to run there course.. Because she is getting worse, if you want you can take her back and have her retested for strep. I hope she feels better.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Poor baby, my daughter had a similar virus, she was fussy,stuffy and raspy for about 3 days with no fever,then got better and 2 days after that she was throwing up every where and had water-lik diarrhea with fever, we took he to the ER and they ran some test gave her some anti-vomiting,anti-nausea meds and sent us home. She was sick for 3 days and then was back to normal. I would just make sure she drinks plenty of clear fluids and even try popsicles,I would also check with the doc and see what he says, Good luck!

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 8:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Wow.. what u just decribed sounded like exactly what she has. She has waterery diarheaa** however u spell it. It causes her reall bad rash. So i paste her butt up with desitin. She has been to ER several other times..all times it was "something viral" I felt as if everything is a waste takin her to our ER its like they do 2 test and thats it..its viral. Idk I guess I think sometimes doctors are extremely over-rated. But I mean what do i know.. i sure as hell couldnt do 8 years of school!! Thanks to both of you. :)
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 9:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2009