C-section pain med after?

i was curious what other women were prescribed after a scheduled c-section? is there anything i need to request or know ahead of time? are there any tips for pain management?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think all hospitals are different and it depends on the insurance you have.... i'd had perkiset (sp?), 600m ibuprofen, motrin and something else... It just depened on my ins. at the time. They all worked fine and if they don't just tell the doc
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my friend got precribed perkiset.
    Anonymous

• In the hospital (with my 1st) they gave me morphine in my IV that made me sick. Then they gave me percocet & eventually hydrocodone. Only sent me home with Motrin 800. With my 2nd breech child & C-section, I asked for no morphine cause I didn't want to throw up for the next 2 days. They gave me percocets, hydrocodone, & Motrin at the hospital. I was sent home with hydrocodone & Motrin 800. It was too hard to function when taking hydrocodone, & it didn't really take any pain away. I just took motrin. cont....

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• cont... My biggest piece of advice to you is make sure you get up & move around by the next day. Stand up straight, no matter how bad you hurt. If you get it over with right away, it makes it a lot easier in recovering. Getting up, and moving around is something I didn't do with my first, & regretted it once I got home. Also, try to make sure you have a bowel movement before you go in for surgery that morning. You won't be able to go for a few days, partially from the meds, but also cause you have no stomach muscles to push, and it can get uncomfortable.
    momjoy1027