getting baby to move?

I am 37 weeks pregnant and have been for a NST test it was not good and they did an ultrasound to see if he was moving, well they thought he was fine, but today I have only felt him move a coule times and can not get him to move now. any ideas on how I can get him to move? or should I go to the hospital? its starting to worry me now. thanks

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drink some OJ or something with lots of natural suger in it, and go lay on your left side for a bit, if you cant get a few kicks (means squirms, jerks any kind of movement) in 30 minutes to an hour then I would call your DR. But if you feel like something is truly wrong, follow your intuition and go anyway, always follow your gut. I freaked out alot whenI am pregnant and had a nurse tell me that they would rather see me 100 times a week for nothing than once and it be something wrong. Do what you feel is right momma.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• orange juice then wait a hlf hour
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 8:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yes, there are plenty of ways to try to get him to move like juice BUT, if you had a not so good NST test then I would go in.
    A NST test measures baby's movements by the increase/fluctuation of his heartbeat during that movement. Normally there are a few increases in a 30 minute time period. For my baby, they didn't even have to monitor me for long before that got enough fluctuations in her heartbeat, she was moving a lot so that increased her heartrate with every movement.
    So, if the NST wasn't good and you are worried I would skip all the fiddling around and just go get checked! Good luck
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i would try OJ or cold cold water . but i personally would go in and get checked . decreased movement is never good
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my doctor told me to drink chocolate milk and to lay down and concentraite on the baby. Is ther something that your baby likes does he like when you play music or when it is quite. Have a bonding moment with you and your baby.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 9:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009