WaterParks

We have one 1/2 hour away in Riverhead, L.I., NY. It's called "Splish Splash." Love it. Can't wait to go back in summer. HOw about you? Kids love it.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I live in Pennsylvania and we enjoy visiting Knoebel's Amusement Park. You don't pay for parking or for admission. You pay for rides that you go on. They have places to picnic and cookout and it is very family oriented. They also have cabins and a campground. I love it and my kids love it too. Check it out!!!
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 11:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I look at water parks and all i think of is bacteria and pee.

water park = husbands job.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• We have splashdown but wont go its really expensive and from the looks of it its not worth $10 for parking and 10 per person to get in. My in-laws and parents both have pools
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i cant wait they just opend one around here ( its a 10 min drive ) and parking is free. lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• We have a big splash water park. It is expensive but tons of fun we usually go at least once a year, a couple of times if we have the money. It has several pools in it for all ages, a kiddie pool for little ones, a huge wave pool, slides, different water "rides". It is denifinetly an all day thing though and like I said it's expensive but for all they offer still not to bad.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• 6 flags is about 45 minutes away, but the tickets are pretty pricey and parking was 6 bucks (price just went up, but i can't remember to what, i think 8). Holiday World is about 1 1/2 hours away but the tickets are cheaper, food is cheaper, drinks are free, and parking is free. Plus they have more water rides, a teeny tiney wading pool and a regular kiddie pool and all the amusement park rides. We went summer before last, and wound up getting tickets for the next day. We wanted to go back this past summer but wound up going to Colorado to see my family then Vegas to see my in laws and we wound up spend WAAAY to much money in Vegas. We are definately going this summer!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• We have a six flags about an hour away. Even better is a local board walk/small amusement park called Ocean Beach. There's ocean and beach, ice cream and rides, people and fun. Its cheap for local residents, so if I feel the need to take DD somewhere like that, we'll stay local.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009