Can he really say anything intelligent?

It seems like every time he (Mr. President) opens his mouth he inserts foot. His comment in regards to Special Olympics. He really shouldn't speak without a teleprompter.

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 8:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Some people are simply not good public speakers. It doesn't really matter though. Look at Bush, his flub are all over the internet. But, it made him human.. and I like that. Maybe you should not criticize someone without walking in their shoes.. just a thought...
    Anonymous

• Well he's bad, but then so was "W" I don't think either one of them are or were very good "off the cuff". If Obama goes 8 years we can add up his gaffes and compare them with Bush's and see who had the most.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Not only did he sound like a total idiot when he made the response about Special Olympics; but, he also was reading his prompter and said; "let me thank President Obama"; what a nerd! just went right on talking for a minute before his brain cell kicked in.
    Glad I did not vote for him; and as far as 8 years.....what ever! He hasn't been in there 1 year yet; and every time he opens his trap he just shows how stupid he is.
    Honestly; he and his wife should never speak in public.
    itsagoodlife57

Answer by itsagoodlife57 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I believe his recent gaffe has caused a special olympics bowler to "challenge" him. I wonder who will win. hehe
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

But Obama is supposed to be DIFFERENT....

Anonymous

• one gaffe................ no big deal, like already said, look up "bushisms" he said some amazingly bad stuff
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The thing about Special Olympics is a whole different ball game then some of the stuff others have said. And, Bush isn't our President anymore. Obama is. He has preached from the beginning of his campaign that it was going to be a new Washington. Oh, and it has. I think the ones of us that have "special" folks in our families took this little gaffe as a sign of not using his thought process before he opened his mouth. There is never a good excuse for making fun of special needs. Not ever.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yeah,he has terminal, and fatal foot in mouth disease. Not to mention constipation of the brain,and diarreah of the mouth. The only intelligent thing he could ever possibly say at this point is "I don't have a clue what I'm doing,so for the good of the country, I resign,and I'm taking Biden, Pelosi and Reid with me, and we will never again darken the doorsteps of Washington."
    Anonymous

• Ok the special needs thing is something my idiot husband would say. I love him, he's actually really smart, but he says some stupid stuff. He's got the male lack of brain/mouth filter and the stupid sense of humor to go with it.

Obama's the president. They should make sure his filter is fully installed before speaking. Also, as the first black president, one would think he would be a little more conscious of the power of words . . . I mean, if Nancy Pelosi said it was so awful, I was a like a black woman. . .you'd really hear some s*** hit the fan!

I hope that special needs kid wipes the floor with him. I would find that highly amusing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/03/20/special-olympics-bowling-champ-challenges-president-obama-to-mat/
    Anonymous