Does my DD weight to much or is my SD just underweight?

My DD will be 6 in august and she weighs 55 pounds. My SD will be 8 in may and she also weighs 55 pounds. So is my DD overweight or is my SD underweight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would say your SD is a little underweight but it depends on height too. A good rule of thumb is 10 pounds per year of age give or take.
    Anonymous

• My SS 6 in june weights about 52 or so. Looks like SD is underweight..but then, it all varies on height, etc.
    Anonymous

• My gs is 8 and is 54lbs... each child is different ... in my family we are all small ... small weight and in height...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My daughter is also going to be six in august. the sixth. and she's 45 pounds. The doctor said she's a great weight. I think your daughter is fine! I think there is a wide range in weights that are ok. But maybe your SD is a little bit underweight... Depends on her hight also. Maybe ask her doctor next time you go..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 8:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• DD is about 46 inches and SD is about 48 maybe 50 inches.
    Anonymous

• My ds will be 8 in may and is barely 40 lbs. He's been around 38 lbs forever, but I think he finally hit 40 lol. He is tiny. Nothing wrong with him, we are all very small. I'm 5ft. The men in my family are around 5'6. My niece is 5 and is about a half inch taller and the same weight. It all depends on their genetics, height, bone structure, ect.
    Anonymous

• They both sound normal to me considering their heights.
    My oldest is almost 9, is 48" tall and only weighs 40lbs. She IS underweight. She's not even on the chart any more and weighs about the same as the average 4yo. But I've never really been worried. She has always been small for her age.
    Her 6yo sister is 2" shorter and weighs about 45lbs and is considered normal for her age and height. Her 7yo brother is 2" taller and weighs 56lbs and is normal for his age.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It sounds like they are both pretty good weight for their height. My DD is about 40" and weighs 38 lbs at 4 years old. And she is right at the 50% mark for her weight for her age.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my girl is 6 and is 43lb and my girl that is 3 is 41lb and is tall and the Dr said they are both fine.
    Dr said my krissy 3 is tall 4 her age so that even her out for her weigh
    sandersmom2girl

Answer by sandersmom2girl at 1:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my dd is 6 and she's 50lbs last time we had a check up. That's been a while so she's probably a little more now. I think you dd is just fine.
    mssemmy

Answer by mssemmy at 9:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009