BC Effectiveness Question.....

okay, heres the deal, I just had a baby January 28th, I waited 4 weeks to sunday start my Yaz as directed by my doctor.. I hadn't had a period yet and was still bleeding from having a baby, ANYWAYS I am now on my last white pill today, and my question is I have been bleeding on and off during the past month, but I didn't start bleeding on the white pills (IDK if it's actually my period or no) until today(day 4), so I have been taking those white pills that don't do anything and me and hubby had sex, on day 2 of white pills... which is basically no birth control right? could I get pregnant this way since I wasn't on my period during the white pills...? I hope this makes sense.. I just feel like I haven't had real BC pills in 4 days and we had sex 2 days ago.... KWIM? Help!

willswifey

Asked by willswifey at 8:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Health

• It all depends on when you ovulate, however if you continue the pill you should be fine since Yaz suppresses ovulation.

Anonymous

• my doc told me the first month of BC pills are just helping u get back on schedule and then the next month it should be working but yea u can get pregnant on ur period and on the pill
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yes, you can get pregnant, especially the first month of birth control. You should have been told to use an alternate form of birth control for the first month. I am on Yaz and love it, now that my body is used to the Yaz, my periods are no more than 3 days long and really light and my moods swings are better. Best choice I made for bc!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2009