Does anyone else hate it when strangers touch your baby?

Okay so I was at the store today at the check out, Holding my son (15 months) And this big fat greasy dirty man touches my son with his nasty germ infested finger! He smelled gross and looked like he had not taken a shower in weeks. Maybe his intentions weren't bad... But still! GROSS!
And this wasn't the first time this has happened either.

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Slap their hand and tell them to keep their hands to themselves.
    Anonymous

• I dont get that bothered. A little bit, but if I am THAT worried about where their hands have been, I just clean DD up. I DO get bothered when someone tries to touch her face. I myself don't touch other people's kids without asking, but I dont get that POed when someone touches mine.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I'm usually close enough to stop that before it even starts. Especially with an infant.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 9:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I hate, hate, hate for someone to touch my baby. I am not afraid to turn away or mover her. Why do people always want to touch a babies hands? I mean, hello, babies put their hands in their mouths constantly. People should think about the germs they are spreading.
    macksvolmom

Answer by macksvolmom at 9:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i dont let people touch my child.. period! If i see someone trying to reach for him.. I adjust him to the other hip or I turn our stroller, etc.. when I was pregnant a man touched my belly and I dropped him like a bad habit.. I grabbed his belly and shook it, and then kicked him.... the nurse on the elevator with us, said.. " this is why you dont touch pregnant woman"
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• One of the first trips I took to the grocery store by myself with my first son, I got the scare of my life. We were in line checking out and he was crying because he was tired of sitting there I guess..he was only a few weeks old and the whole experience was a little much for him. A lady came up behind me while I was getting checked out and took my son right out of the cart. I also yelled at her. I turns out the she knew my husband ( he was the manager of the store) and thought that she was doing me a favor. It was the scariest event of my life so far...I thought that she was going to run off with him until she explained who she was.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• ugh i hate when this happens i've told tons of people um excuse me its def not polite to touch someone elses child unless they say its ok! i had this women (teeth rotted out hair a mess clothes a mess) come up and say aww are all of those yours? i of course being a smart ass said no mam i just like carting others kids around to look cool! she knew i was being a smartassed and laughed it off but then asked my son if she could have a hug i looked at her and said you really think its ok to go up and just hug someones child? get lost, she called me a bitch and walked away! if i dont know you do not touch one of my kids!!!!!!god only knows what you freakin have! no thanks
    Anonymous

• As a grandmother I remember when my kids and grandkids were tiny. I DID NOT want strange people coming up and pawing at them, even if they looked like decent, clean people--they were strangers. So now if I lean over to get a closer look at a baby, I do it with my hands usually behind my back and don't get right in the baby's face, so the parent knows I'm not going to touch the baby, breathe in the baby's face, etc.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• picky arent you? dont have an stroke when your squeaky clean sweet baby picks a used qtip out of the trash one day & sucks on it. germs are everywhere...why dont you buy a big bubble & stick him right in there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

Coward aren't you? Maybe You shouldn't open your mouth if you don't have the balls to even show who you are.

prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009