I really want to lose weight, but I enjoy eating. Seriously :) I'm not over weight much, only 12-15lbs. My goal is 135. I'm considering eating baby food (stage 2) for 1 week to see how I do. I'm also going to incorporate walking 2 miles a day. I'm considering this route b/c of the portion, calories and zero trans fat. Is this crazy, lol. Any how, positive opinions please or none at all. Negative opinions is for the birds. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You could try the Deceptively Delicious cookbook. It basically lets you sneak pureed veggies into many common recipes. You're whole family will be eating better. But its also less calories consumed because the veggies are replacing higher calorie parts of the recipe. The book has everything from breakfast to dessert. Also, if you're not exercising at all now, the walking will help a lot. Good luck!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Maybe you should try Slimfast, it's probably cheaper in the long run. Plus more healthy for YOU.
    Anonymous

• Hmm, not sure how healthy slimfast is. I've known a few who have gone this route and it's proven to be gaseous LOL

I don't think that's the route for me, as it's not natural either. But thank you so much for the suggestion!
    Anonymous

• My concern is what happens when you go back to regular food. I suspect if you substitute better snacks you would still loose weight. Also if you eat more frequently like 6 to 8 small healthy meals you will eat less.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• That's a good point teamquinn, so I'd have to say, I'm not sure. I actually have a healthy appetite. I like bkfst, lunch, dinner and snacks in between. Some healthy, but more so not, unfortunately. I think I fear failing by attempting to take the healthier route. I cook, but I believe it's because I'm not knowledgeable of how to cook balanced, it's challenging. Eating baby food just seems like a route that would be "safe".
    Anonymous

• Why not just eat more fruits and veggies? Isn't that essentially what baby food is? It would be a lot cheaper and is super easy. For protein baked chicken is really simple (and again essentially the same as baby food) just dont cover it in sauce. High fiber, whole grain foods will also help. With baby food you aren't going to get much fiber or protein which are both important. Not to mention it tastes nasty.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• OMG! I've been thinking the same damn thing! I'm 140 and am wanting to get down to 130. I've considered eating only baby food. My only challenge is that the veggies taste horrible. I only like the fruits. I think eating healthier meals would be the best answer but I to have a hard time sticking to healthy choices. It would be easier for me to stick to the same thing every day. I would suggest cleaning out your kitchen of any "junk" food so that you're no tempted and stock it with only healthy choices. If your like me I'm to lazy to get in the car to drive to the store to get junk food so you would have to deal with what is in the house. Of course I can't do this because my husband wouldn't have it. Good luck!

Anonymous