Where do you shop for your daughter/son? And what's usually your budget/ceiling amount? Do you do layaway or buy out-right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Shopping

• Wal-Mart.

We only buy what we can afford. No lay-away for us.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Mostly walmart. i have to buy his jeans at old navy though, i cant find them to fit anywhere else. I shop at gymboree and the childrens place if they are having a sale. i went in jc penny's the other day and they had a really large toddler boys dept that was pretty cheap ($40 for 6 outfits) so I shop there some too. I dont really have a top amount, I just buy what he needs.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I shop EVERYWHERE and for LESS then anyone else, unless you are a coupon and clearance shopper like me!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 9:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I usually shop Kohls for clothes..usually a clearance rack. I also love Target and anywhere with a good sale. I try to watch the fliers and know which items I am looking for. I am known for buying gifts almost a year ahead of time just because they are on sale.
    I am an avid coupon clipper and sale watcher.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I buy my son's clothes at walmart, target, children's place or old navy and I buy all of his clothes right away because where I shop for him they don't have layway.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I usually shop at Forman Mills or Kmart or Walmart. I have all boys so I also do the handme down thing as long as the clothes are not too raggedy. We have a pay check to pay check budget so it's easier to have all boys so they can wear the clothes the older one out grows. Except underwear. I'm always buying socks and underwear. For some reason they just don't last.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 11:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• For my daughter I shop at the childrens place. I love it, they are always having great sales and their clothes are excellent quality. I have to buy her jeans there because they have really nice adjustable waistbands. My boys wear bigger sizes, and I shop for them at JC Penney or Old Navy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• For my daughter, per season, I spend about $100 on clothes (normally $100 in Spring, $100 in Fall). For my boys we just buy them a years worth of clothes in September before school starts, then its about $150 each plus $50 each for shoes.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Look for a store called Once Upon A Child great quality thrift store, plus you might be able to get money for outgrown outfits and stuff! google it in your area
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• like 98% at Target and 90% of that is off the clearance racks, the 50-75% off if I can find it. With 4 kids we buy as we find stuff on clearance all through the year. I just picked up a hoodie, 2 t-shirts and a skirt for them the other day (all on clearance for 30-50% off). Luckily my girls grow slow so they wear their clothes for multiple years and then pass them down to their youngest sister and I buy my son's clothes big enough that they will fit him at least 2 years (we're about to replace most of his wardrobe this year so that is going to be expensive...we had to buy him all new pants last year, lol).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2009