WHEN SHOULD I GIVE UP!!!!!

I've been trying to become pregnant for 2 years? My doctor recently told me to try Clomid? I have irregular periods, do you think that Clomid will help me? Does Clomid have any side effects? How long does it take individuals to become pregrnant? Please help me.. Please answer all questions, it's very important to me...Thank you so much

Tslove23

Asked by Tslove23 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Based on these studies, the most common Clomid side effects include:

Enlargement of the ovaries -- up to 13.6 percent of women
    Hot flashes -- up to 10.4 percent
    Abdominal (stomach) or pelvic pain or bloating -- up to 5.5 percent
    Upset stomach (nausea) or vomiting -- up to 2.2 percent
    Breast pain -- up to 2.1 percent
    Headache -- up to 1.3 percent (see Clomid and Migraines)
    Abnormal menstrual bleeding, including spotting between periods or long, heavy periods -- up to 1.3 percent.

Check out this site for success stories: http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/clomidsuccess2.htm

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
    armywife4ever08

Answer by armywife4ever08 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/clomid.htm go to this website it will help you :) goodluck!!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• im not sure about chlomid but you are most fertile 2 weeks after your period so if you do the chlomid then try that too
    Anonymous

• I used clomid and got pregnant after 2 years of trying and another drug added to it...worth a try, good luck.
    Anonymous

• Clomid will help to regulate your period by inducing ovulation predictably. You can verify by getting a fertility tracker-- I got mine at the drug store and it's called Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor. The most common side effects my doctor told me about were equivalent to really BAD pms-- bloating and mood swings on steroids. It also thins your cervical mucous, so sex might not be as comfortable. The bad thing, is that it also thins your uterine lining each month.

The serious side effect is enlargement of the ovary, which results from hyperstimulation. It's pretty rare, but the doctor will usually recommend a pelvic examination each month to ensure your ovaries aren't reacting that way.

Your doctor will probably start you on the lowest dosage-- 50 mg, then work up until you have reliable periods. The usual course is 6 months before you consider another method.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i dont know what Clomid is but me and my husband were tryin for 2 years too and i just gave up on tryin cuz i thought i could not and when i gave up it worked i found out x-mas eve that i was finially gonna have a baby
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• honey has a good point. If you are over stressed about the whole situation it can create a problem. Sometimes you just have to let things happen and then they work out. If you stress it makes your bodies hormones go crazy and can cause you not to ovulate properly. You can try the meds but also remember you have to relax and just let things happen.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 10:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• We tried for 2 years and on the, I quess on the anniversary of trying (we started June of 06 and concieved June of 08) I became pregnant. I have irregular periods. I dont ovulate 2 weeks after my period, it was more like anywhere between 4-6 weeks after my period. We tried the temperature taking but that was not helping cause nothing was normal. So I started tracking my cervical mucus. Then we stopped trying but didnt do anything to stop it from happening. We had a crazy 4 day weekend of lots of sex (just happened to do it the weekend I was ovulating) and it worked. Good Luck and just keep trying. Give up caffine, track your cervical mucus, have your spouse checked. That stuff all worked for me and I am sitting here looking at my newborn.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My BIL and his girlfriend tried to 2 years also. We kept telling them to not try as hard as they were and they would get pregnant...they didn't listen though. They didn't take anything to help. They thought they would never get pregnant either. Sometimes it takes time. They're finally expecting, and due in April. Good luck!! I hope you get pregnant soon!! {BABY DUST YOUR WAY!}
    Anonymous